Victory Memorial of Crossing the Yangtze River Campaign


The Victory Memorial of Crossing the Yangtze River Campaign, a branch of the Nanjing Museum Administration, is located at No.1 Dujiang Road in Gulou District of Nanjing. It is mainly comprised of the Memorial Hall, the Victory Square of Crossing the Yangtze River Campaign, and the Victory Monument of Crossing the Yangtze River Campaign. The 20,000-square-meter memorial has a construction area of about 9,000 square meters and an exhibition area of 4,000 square meters. In 1987, Deng Xiaoping handwrote the name of the memorial.

The Memorial Hall features a wood-like exterior and a “wooden ship” shape, symbolizing “sailing towards victory”. On the Victory Square stands the large group sculptures--“Thousands of Ships Crossing the Yangtze River”. The sculptures, six groups in all, are in the form of red linear columns with a cross section of five-pointed star. The highest red column is 49.423 meters high, symbolizing that Nanjing was liberated at April 23, 1949. The Victory Monument of Crossing the Yangtze River Campaign was made in the shape of a double-sails boat, with the purple-colored hull as the monument seat and the double white sails as the monument body. It is a Historical and Cultural Site Protected at the Provincial Level.

Permanent exhibition: “Earth-shaking Changes: Victory of Crossing the Yangtze River Campaign Exhibition”.



Contact

Opening Hours:9:00-17:00(Closed Mondays)

Ticket Price:Free

Address:No.1 Dujiang Road, Gulou District, Nanjing

Tel:025-84649423

  • Earth-shaking Changes